axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <>
Subject Re: [Ws Wiki] Update of "FrontPage/Proposals/Axis2TLPProposal" by GlenDaniels
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2008 16:53:35 GMT
Hi Asankha:

Asankha Perera wrote:
>>          * WS-Commons Transports
> The WS-Commons transports should not belong to an Axis2 TLP - as it has
> a life of its own and is heavily used by Synapse - probably even more
> than by Axis2! Shall I edit the proposal directly to remove this?

Does Synapse call these transports directly *outside* an Axis2 code
path?  I was under the impression that even within Synapse the
transports are still used as Axis2 plugins and called via Axis2 code...
if that's the case, then IMO they should in fact live with Axis2
(because like the Modules, they're components that are only usable
within the Axis2 framework).  Separate component, independent release
schedules just like in commons, but I do think if we're going to
restructure we should take the opportunity to put all the Axis2-specific
stuff together.

If I'm mistaken, and indeed Synapse DOES call transports directly
outside of the Axis2 code path, then I think it's somewhat less clear
cut and we should discuss.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message