axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Asankha <asan...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Axis2 as TLP
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2008 01:37:32 GMT
Deepal jayasinghe wrote:
>> I think this thread itself shows the complications we would have by
>> spiting it up. If we were to split it up does it make sense to keep
>> projects like Rampart, Sandesha, Transports in WS?
>>
> Yes they should come under Axis2 , because those projects are not useful
> without Axis2.

Not the Transports!.. since some of them were contributed by the Synapse
community on the basis that transports would be a separate project. The
fact that they were developed by Synapse itself is a clear indication
that they are useful even without direct use of  Axis2.

When we moved the transports out from Synapse, we also agreed that they
could have separate releases, obviously based on a released Axis2 API
version.

asankha

--
Asankha C. Perera