axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <g...@thoughtcraft.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Axis2 as TLP
Date Sun, 02 Nov 2008 02:49:58 GMT
Hi Sanjiva:

Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:
> Deepal, so just so I understand - are you saying you *don't* want to
> keep Axiom with Axis2?

I'm not sure about Deepal, but I don't in fact think keeping Axiom under
the Axis2 project (yes, even despite the acronym :)) makes sense.  In my
version of the "new world order", Axis2 and the components that are
*Axis2-specific* (i.e. cannot profitably be used outside Axis2) should
be in the Axis2 project.  The stuff that is reusable and more generally
focused (i.e. Axiom, Neethi, XmlSchema, etc) should IMO remain in WS so
it can continue to be shared.

If we're talking about moving Axiom/Neethi/etc., then it really is
pretty much s/Web Services/Axis2/g and I wouldn't be in favor of that.

--Glen