axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Axis2 as TLP
Date Sat, 01 Nov 2008 17:48:10 GMT
Deepal jayasinghe wrote:
>> Ajith, its the nature of people and you can not understand them.  I
>> still can not understand why you want to split. See the same argument.
>> If we could understand people well, then perhaps we would not have
>> been surprised when they selected George W for the second time ;)
> Ok why do you want to move Axiom out from Axis2 , because it has a big
> advantage when it is there in WS than in Axis2.

Deepal, so just so I understand - are you saying you *don't* want to keep
Axiom with Axis2?

> My concern is , Axis2 does not get what it is supposed to get.  It is
> just stay inside something called WS. While some other Web service
> project acting as TLP.

What exactly is axis2 to "supposed to get" that its not getting. Dims
feels that the community is sleeping (paraphrasing) and thinks that going
TLP will change that. You seem to think that there's other stuff we're
spsed to get - please indicate what that is?

> I am sorry I do not want to rename WS into something other than Axis2.
> If we are going to rename then that should be into Axis2 (which include
> both java and c).

So again, what does s/ws/axis2/g buy us?

Sanjiva.
--
Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.

Blog: http://sanjiva.weerawarana.org/