axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Andreas Veithen" <andreas.veit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Axis2 JMSListener on Websphere
Date Sat, 25 Oct 2008 09:37:48 GMT
No, the problem is not that WebSphere doesn't see the javax.jms.*
classes. It's just the opposite: they are in the classpath of both the
server classloader and the application classloader. In parent first
mode that's not an issue, but in parent last mode the result is that
at runtime the relationships between classes are inconsistent with the
compile time relationships. What happens here is that the application
(Spring) refers to javax.jms.ConnectionFactory loaded by the
application classloader while
com.ibm.ejs.jms.JMSQueueConnectionFactoryHandle implements
javax.jms.ConnectionFactory loaded by the server classloader. This
explains the error "Cannot convert value of type
[com.ibm.ejs.jms.JMSQueueConnectionFactoryHandle] to required type
[javax.jms.ConnectionFactory]". To solve this, the JAR containing the
javax.jms.* classes must be removed from the classpath of the
application classloader.

Andreas