axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa.abeysin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Axis2 as TLP
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2008 08:21:33 GMT
Jochen Wiedmann wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 4:02 AM, Glen Daniels <glen@thoughtcraft.com> wrote:
>

>> * Axis2 - becomes a TLP for both Java and C versions, with
>> Axis2-specific components underneath as subprojects.  So Rampart,
>> Sandesha, Savan, Kandula....
>>

> I'd discourage a common TLP for both Java and C versions.
>
> I know this is the usual behaviour in a lot of other projects (Xerces,
> Log4j, to name a few). However, I think that the most important aspect
> of a TLP is a community. A community = one community, not two
> communities. IMO, the common denominator between Axis C and Axis Java
> is quite small and not worth bothering. Otherwise we'd simply have the
> next umbrella.

-1. They share the same architecture. They do the same this, only the
implementation is different. And they are supposed to work with each
other, interop in other words, so they have lot in common.

It is a fact that, you can interop being disjoint projects. However, we
even use the WSDL2Code tool to generate code. If Axis2/Java becomes a
separate TLP and can an Axis2/C comittor do changed to that tool?

Samisa...

--
Samisa Abeysinghe

http://people.apache.org/~samisa/