axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "keith chapman" <keithgchap...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [AXIS2] Should JSON messages be considered as REST?
Date Sat, 20 Sep 2008 02:04:40 GMT
Let me describe the problem in more detail. As of now Axis2 enables you to
plug in various message types by registering them in the axis2.xml. Some of
these message types will be SOAP based (like text/xml and
application/soap+xml) while others are not. And in the latter case when a
exception occurs somewhere in the pipe we do not want to throw the fault as
a SOAP message. What we do in the REST case of of now is that  we take the
fault element in the SOAP body (If not found the first child of the SOAP
body) and write that out as the fault. As of now Axis2 treats a few message
Types as REST specifically application/xml, multipart/form-data and
application/x-www-form-urlencoded. But with the pluggable message types in
place this may not work that well. Assume that someone want to to plug in
application/foo and that this message type is REST how are we gonna handle
it?

Should we consider adding a attribute to the
messageBuilders/messageFormatters section to indicate weather its REST or
not?

Thanks,
Keith.