axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Wally Dennis" <Wally.Den...@hewitt.com>
Subject Re: axis2 vs axis1 -- Advanced Installation: adding Axis to your own Webapp
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2008 13:46:52 GMT
Yes, this can be done.  I have an existing Enterprise Application running
on WebSphere 6 and I have done this.  I simply added all of the Axis2 jars
in a shared library, associated that library with my application, and then
manually added the AxisServlet to the web.xml of my existing web
application.  So far, it has worked with no issues.

emiddio-verizon <emiddio@verizon.net>

09/04/2008 09:34 PM
Please respond to
axis-dev@ws.apache.org

axis-dev@ws.apache.org
cc

Subject
axis2 vs axis1 -- Advanced Installation: adding Axis to your own Webapp

in
http://ws.apache.org/axis/java/install.html#Step5InstallingNewWebServices

in section
Advanced Installation: adding Axis to your own Webapp
it says you can "If you are experienced in web application development,
and especially if you wish to add web services to an existing or complex
webapp, you can take an alternate approach to running Axis. Instead of
adding your classes to the Axis webapp, you can add Axis to your
application."
this sounds like using axis as an api -- where one could build a j2ee app
-- such as an Enteprise Application -- .EAR file.

-- which sounds like an axis1 web service app could be deployed to a j2ee
app server without an axis.war having been deployed into a servlet
container.

-------------

i have been looking to see if the same thing can be done with axis2 -- but
so far i have not found any documentation applicable to this question ?

does anyone know the answer??

thanks

The information contained in this e-mail and any accompanying documents may contain information
that is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient
of this message, or if this message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately
alert the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this message, including any attachments.
Any dissemination, distribution or other use of the contents of this message by anyone other
than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. All messages sent to and from this e-mail
address may be monitored as permitted by applicable law and regulations to ensure compliance
with our internal policies and to protect our business. E-mails are not secure and cannot
be guaranteed to be error free as they can be intercepted, amended, lost or destroyed, or
contain viruses. You are deemed to have accepted these risks if you communicate with us by
e-mail.