axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Dister Kemp" <dister.k...@gmail.com>
Subject Hi - A clarification.
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2008 12:07:31 GMT
Hello Axis team,

I have an issue on which I could not a find a way to resolve with Axis2.

I have a server running Axis2 on Tomcat with my POJO app. which
exposes some webservices via REST.

There is a webservice - register which returns a string - but is basically
XML.
Now the return on the browser when hitting a webservice endpoint. (register)
it comes as

<ns:registerResponse xmlns:ns="http://abc.com/">

<ns:return>
   &lt;?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>&lt;string
xmlns="http://abc.com/">&lt;abc>&lt;register>111
&lt;/register>&lt;/abc>&lt;/string>

</ns:return>
</ns:registerResponse>

As you can see there are two outer tags <ns:registerResponse> and
<ns:return>
which is causing my XML Parser on the client side to fail.

Is there a way to disable those two tags that AXIS2 is sending, so that the
XML tag I am sending is the top level lag and that way my client XML parser
would work.

Any pointers in this regard is highly appreciated.

Thanks
Dister