axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <g...@thoughtcraft.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2][1.4.1] Version of the artifacts of RC for Axis2 1.4.1
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2008 15:09:19 GMT
Hi Nandana:

Nandana Mihindukulasooriya wrote:
>       I have a question on what should be the version of the artifacts
> of the RC specifically modules. So it seems module versions has to have
> a floating point number as we discussed here [1].  So what should be the
> version of the artifacts of the RC ?

I guess there are two versions here - 1) the Maven version number of the
artifacts, and 2) the Axis2 module version number.

I think it's probably fine to use "1.41" for (2), but couldn't we also
do something like "1.405" and then update to "1.41" when it goes final?

For (1) we should definitely be able to differentiate versions between
betas, RCs, etc.

On a related note, have we checked out the Maven release plugin [1]?  It
looks like that might have some cool features to help us move through
our release process, though we'd need to do some research to make sure
it meshes with our SVN layout etc....  Also see this conversation [2].

Thanks,
--Glen

[1] http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-releasing.html
[2] http://ceki.blogspot.com/2006/11/solution-to-maven2-version-number.html