axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Thilina Gunarathne" <cset...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] response content
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2008 16:43:16 GMT
Hi,

   I have a Flash/Flex consumer that is not working properly because it
> cannot handle multipart/related content type.  It is treating the post
> response, mime boundary and all, as the soap envelope.
>

> It seems that enableMTOM=optional is not fail proof since a client can be
> optimized not to send MTOM if there are no outgoing attachements.

Yeah... I know it's not ideal, but I think above is a good compromise for
both the scenerio's..

Ideal way would be to use MTOM policy if somebody needs this much of
precision...

>   I guess my best solution is to enable MTOM at the service operation
> level only when I know that a particular operation will return an
> attachment.
>
> I assume you do this as follows:
>
> <service name=""?
>
>    <description>…</description>
>
>    <operation name="…">
>
>       <messageReceiver class="…"/>
>
>       <parameter name="enableMTOM">true</parameter>
>
>    </operation>
>
>    …
>
> </service>

Above is the correct way to enable/disable MTOM per operation wise.

>   This way I will return MTOM only if attachments are in the response;
> otherwise, contentType=text/xml will be returned when no attachments are
> present.  Does this sound right?

Nope... MIME envelope will be there in the respose message irrespective of
whether there is an attachment or not :(..

thanks,
Thilina