axis-java-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Saminda Abeyruwan" <samin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Extensions to Axis2/Java deployment engine
Date Sat, 14 Jun 2008 08:26:34 GMT
Correct. Deployment units of Axis2 will be aar/mar. What we are looking for
an extension from Axis2 kernel, which would allow to inject services and
modules as bundles. In order to achieve this, there are few deployment
semantics that needed to be addressed in  kernel, it to be  fully  flexible.


Thank you!

Saminda

On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 5:20 AM, Nadir Amra <amra@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> Just want to make sure that the current deployment method for mars and web
> services (aar structure) is unchanged....you just want add additional
> feature which is support of OSGI, right?
>
> Nadir Amra
>
>
> "David Illsley" <davidillsley@gmail.com> wrote on 06/13/2008 02:26:42 AM:
>
> > On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 7:56 AM, Deepal Jayasinghe
> > <deepal@opensource.lk> wrote:
> > >
> > >> Hi Deepal,
> > >> I know decisions were made about various things before I was on the
> > >> scene,
> > >
> > > ;-)
> > >
> > > And we did not know about OSGi when we design Axis2.
> > >
> > >> but nothing is unchangable, and what Saminda is suggesting
> > >> sounds really cool and useful.
> > >
> > > I agree, but I do not like to change Axis2 fundamentals then are there
> ,
> > > because over 50K download taking place per month due to fact that
> people out
> > > there happy what Axis2 does now. So why worry of changing that.  Thats
> the
> > > only worry I have. Just because OSGi is there and it is cool , we
> should not
> > > change our code base to support those. As I mentioned I have no
> objection
> > >  on implementing new AxisConfigurator based on OSGi and do what ever
> we want
> > > , but I do not like changing the current core code base to support
> OSGi.
> > > Because I do not see a value of doing that.
> >
> > OK, so I disagree with this position. Yes, we get lots of downloads,
> > but those are of releases, and no-one is suggesting that big changes
> > should go in just before a release. I don't believe we would release
> > if something as fundamental as module deploy was broken - is there
> > some approach we can come up with that allows further innovation in
> > Axis2 without putting our release users at risk? What do you think?
> >
> > I personally think that OSGI is beyond just *cool* - It's the
> > foundation for a number of Java web services hosting environments
> > (including, but not limited to: Glassfish, SpringSource App Platform,
> > WebSphere, JOnAS, and BEA) and so better integration with it will be a
> > good thing.
> >
> > David
> >
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > To unsubscribe, e-mail: axis-dev-unsubscribe@ws.apache.org
> > For additional commands, e-mail: axis-dev-help@ws.apache.org
> >
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: axis-dev-unsubscribe@ws.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: axis-dev-help@ws.apache.org
>
>


-- 
Saminda Abeyruwan

Senior Software Engineer
WSO2 Inc. - www.wso2.org

Mime
View raw message