axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Raihan Ahmed <ruabng2...@yahoo.com>
Subject Questions regarding Axis1.4
Date Sun, 29 Jun 2008 04:00:28 GMT
Hello,
I am sorry to email in this manner.  But I have run into an issue that I just can't figure
out.  I have searched the Internet without any luck.
I have a web service running under Axis1.4.  One of the methods returns an array of string
to the client.  Each string in the array is actually an XML document with data from database
tables.  And each of these XML documents has a node that has image data in Base64 string.

Now the problem is this -
Without the Base64, it works fine.  But soon I add the base64 data in the node, I get the
SoapException on the server side.  If I copy the base64 string and hard-code it in the response,
it works.  But when the base64 is generated, it does not work.
I can't figure out the reason - base64 is simple ascii characters.  Why can't I put a string
like that in the response?
I am desperate.  Please help!  If I am in the wrong place, please point to the right people
so that I can get an answer.
Best Regards!
Raihan U. Ahmed