axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Jarek Gawor" <jga...@gmail.com>
Subject minimizing configuration for JAX-WS
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2008 21:19:17 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to minimize the configuration steps one would have go
through to get full JAX-WS support from Axis2. There are two key steps
- I had to do these for TCK:

1) Add extra Sun jars. They are needed to generate wsdl at runtime.
The following jars were needed (with Java 5):

jaxws-rt-2.1.1.jar, jaxws-tools-2.1.1.jar, stax-ex-1.0.jar, and
streambuffer-0.7.jar

Question: should we include these jars with Axis2 in the webapp or
should we just tell users to install these jars by themselves?

2) Add the following handler in the OutFlow phase to the
axis2_default.xml. This is need by clients:

        <phase name="OperationOutPhase">
            <handler name="DispatchOperationHandler"

class="org.apache.axis2.jaxws.client.dispatch.DispatchOperationHandler">
                <order phase="OperationOutPhase"/>
            </handler>
        </phase>

Question: We can add that handler to axis2_default.xml but that will
make clients require the jaxws jars to be in the classpath. There was
some recent discussion on the this list if the jaxws mdoules should be
required or optional. I'm not sure what the conclusion of that
discussion was, so I'm not sure what to do with this handler.

Thoughts?

Jarek