axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Deepal jayasinghe <deep...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Extensions to Axis2/Java deployment engine
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2008 10:52:53 GMT

> Hi All,
>
> Writing an OSGi based AxisConfigurtor sounds reasonable.  But this is
> not  the only  change that would require.  AxisService builder has to
> change too.
> The association between modules and services are handle their. These
> builders are reside in kernel. This means, kernel has to change to
> support this integration. In essence to support OSGi integration some
> part of the kernel has to be changed indirectly.
Let's see whether we can do without doing that change. As I mentioned in
one my my previous mail also I will do my best to find a way around to
have OSGi support without doing core changes.

> On the other hand the created ConfigurationContext needed to be an
> OSGi service.
-1 , then Axis2 become full OSGi. Then if a person do not want OSGi then
he will be enforced to use OSGi which is not correct IMO. Please do not
do that.

As I know there are many more people who use Axis2 do not care about
OSGi , while only a few people are requiring OSGi support. So it is
community decision to take which part we are going to choose.
> In addition to this we need to use ManagedServices to integrate
> listeners and senders. This is a separate discussion which will be
> addressed later.
Oh , we are talking a *REALLY BIG* changes. Don't we have any other way
to do this I mean without doing that many changes.

-Deepal