axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Yoav Abrahami" <yoa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Introducing J2XB for Axis
Date Sun, 01 Jun 2008 08:51:33 GMT
Hi Eran,

J2XB certainly introduces new functionality beyond ADB, XmlBeans or JiBX.

* XMLBeans Supports Java code generation from an XML schema - it requires
that the generated binding classes be separate then the application classes
and it does not generate an XML schema from Java code.

* JiBX has good support for binding Java Beans to XML and back. However, it
is still missing some features such as XML Schema generation (which is
important for WSDL generation), XML list styles, flexibility in enumeration
support, etc.

* ADB - well, ADB is a simplistic databinding framework, but still has a lot
of features missing compared to J2XB.

I think that integrating J2XB into Axis 2 is a good idea (and hence this
thread). However, I find it difficult to do so myself - I am not a member in
the Axis 2 dev team. As such, except the technical difficulty, I do not have
the knowledge now Axis 2 is structured and where the I should integrate J2XB
(in the code). I am seeking help from you guys here to help in this
integration.

I can think of 4 possible integration points:

* marshaling and unmarshaling XML to Java classes used as parameters for an
Axis WS (in an AAR archive).

* marshaling and unmarshaling MXL to Java classes used as parameters for an
Axis WS client

* automatic WSDL generation for a service in an AAR.

* extending Java2WSDL to support J2XB binding

I am basically looking of developer involvement (from the Axis team) to help
creating those integrations.

Cheers,
  Yoav