axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Barrett <barre...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] why GenericProviderDispatcher in the kernel axis2.xml
Date Thu, 29 May 2008 13:57:31 GMT
Hi All,

I've got a couple of questions about this approach.

1) Are there any semantic differences between an Axis2 handler plugged
into specific phases at specific points and a MAR?  For example, the
current JAXWS dispatchers have to plug in so that all the operation
resolution has been attempted but before the Dispatch checkPostConditions
so that a spec-compliant exception is thrown.  Can that sort of behavior
be accomplished with a MAR?

2) JAXWS requires the JAXWSMessageReciever class.  Can a MAR provide a
MessageReciever?  If not, then at least some of the JAXWS classes can't be
dealt with as a MAR.

Thanks,
Jeff

IBM Software Group - WebSphere Web Services Development
Phone: 512-838-4587 or Tie Line 678-4587
Internet e-mail and Sametime ID: barrettj@us.ibm.com