axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <>
Subject RE: Servlet based web-services in Axis?
Date Mon, 26 May 2008 21:36:43 GMT

Hello Meenal
Axis 1 was servlet basedIf you d/l Axis 1.4 and run the ant build.xml samples you will see
ant generate.servlet will actually re-deploy the entire servlet
Does this help?Martin ______________________________________________ Disclaimer and confidentiality
note Everything in this e-mail and any attachments relates to the official business of Sender.
within this transmission.

From: Meenal_Srivastva@infosys.comTo: axis-dev@ws.apache.orgDate: Mon, 26 May 2008 17:08:06
+0530Subject: Servlet based web-services in Axis?

I’ve seen a few examples of deploying POJO based web-services in Axis, but never any of
Servlet based web-services. Is it possible to do so?
Or is it possible to deploy a web-service where we have a “Bootstrap” kind of a Servlet
(which can perform certain common stuff after “load on startup”), and the functionality
exposed through a POJO?
If so, how do we modify the deploy.wsdd? What happens to the web.xml of the Servlet – project
in this case?

Infosys e-mail system.
Make every e-mail and IM count. Join the i’m Initiative from Microsoft. MakeCount
View raw message