axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Yoav Abrahami" <yoa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Introducing J2XB for Axis
Date Fri, 30 May 2008 13:18:20 GMT
Hi Matrin,

Facets is the term used by W3C to describe constraints on simple XML types,
such as the maxLength example you have below.

With J2XB, you include an annotation such as
@MOValidationString(maxLength=20)
public String getXXX() {...}

have a look at the examples and docs at
http://j2xb.sourceforge.net/index.html

As for WSDL2Java -
1. The idea of J2XB is to allow to support Java2WSDL properly, including
facets and data transformations. to support WSDL2Java we have good tools
with Axis 2 as they are (Note that if you have generated an XSD file using
J2XB, you could embed it into a WSDL and use WSDL2Java).

2. As you can see, my post was in the development group, not the users
group. J2XB integration into Axis is not done, it is just proposed. My hopes
are that the people of the Axis project will be interested in creating this
integration.

Cheers,
 Yoav