axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Rajith Attapattu" <rajit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] [Proposal] WS-Commons transports project
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2008 19:10:53 GMT
+1 for this

Personally I would like to download all the transport as a single jar , but
> I do not mind releasing them separately as long as you give single jar as
> well.

I like this idea very much. I said more or less the same thing when we had a
similar disucssion a while back.
If my memory serves me right it was a debate about having to download all
the transports as part of the axis2 distribution whether one wants to use it
or not. A separate jar for each transport is a good idea in that sense. The
debate ended without any real consensus :)

Dims mentioned,
> I agree in priniciple/theory. But IMHO, it won't work because folks who
are directly involved in day-to-day efforts on
> this do not agree and even if they do right now, we will back to square
one in a few months one way or another.
I hope everybody comes to some sort of an agreement and then stick to it.
Dims is right, we need the folks who are working on it to buy in or else it
might not be all that sucessfull.

Rajith