axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <g...@thoughtcraft.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] [Proposal] WS-Commons transports project
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2008 12:45:04 GMT
Hey Sanjiva:

Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:
> Glen, why ws/commons/transports? Why not ws/transports??
 >
> We've moved away from commons in Axiom etc. - that is, packages no
> longer say that and IMO that's better.

The package names don't matter - I'm talking about organization of the
project.  Axiom, Neethi, etc. are all under webservices/commons in SVN,
and they all use commons-dev for discussion.  Since commons is a place
to put common components that are used across the WS universe (and
elsewhere), that made sense to me as a place to put transports.

I'm fine with webservices/transports too, although I still think they
would actually make the most sense as separately buildable/deployable
artifacts under axis2/.

If we're all in agreement for webservices/transports, let's do that, and
I guess we should kick off transports-dev@ws.apache.org too.

--Glen