axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Davanum Srinivas <dava...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2][Proposal] Move JMS / Async NIO transports out of Axis2 into Synapse
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2008 21:12:43 GMT

Ruwan,

I was not around, i can't speak for others. I did not participate in that thread. Let's treat
it as water under the bridge.

I'll go ahead and get rid of stale code in Axis2 and let's be done with it. Synapse committers
can do what they think
best. I will close all the related JIRA items as well as wont-fix.

thanks,
dims

Ruwan Linton wrote:
| Dims,
|
| If the axis2 community had agreed to do that then one of the core members of
| the axis2 team should do that, (we don't want to move the code inside axis2
| and mess with your project, would you like me moving the transports out from
| axis2 kernel??? also with the objections in that thread), but as you can
| clearly see there were tons of objections and no one was ready to move them
| out except for Deepal and Sanjiva? Again I agree there was no vote, but that
| did not happen....
|
| Thanks,
| Ruwan
|
| On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 2:24 AM, Davanum Srinivas <davanum@gmail.com> wrote:
|
| Asankha,
|
| FWIW,
|
| 1) I see a +1 from Deepal and Dr. Sanjiva
| 2) No one did a -1
| 3) There was no VOTE
|
| So, where's the beef? AFAICT, No one objected to someone else doing the
| work :)
|
| So all i can see is an implicit and not to mention unilateral decision to
| fork the code and leave the copy in Axis2 stale.
|
| -- dims
|
| Asankha C. Perera wrote:
| | Check this thread
| |

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/synapse-dev/200710.mbox/%3c672a01200710022224t1e100d77gb83e7bcfeeb8ad94@mail.gmail.com%3e

| | as well titled "Getting axis2 transport out from the kernel"
| |
| | asankha
| |
| | Davanum Srinivas wrote:
| |> Ruwan,
| |>
| |> All i see is some discussion, which happens on a topic
| |>
| |> http://marc.info/?t=119684680300006&r=1&w=3
| |>
| |> - Where is the push back? From who?
| |> - Where is the VOTE?
| |> - Where is a -1?