axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Asankha C. Perera" <asan...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2][Proposal] Move JMS / Async NIO transports out of Axis2 into Synapse
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2008 15:54:54 GMT
Dims
> - there should not be stale copies
> - people who work on them should work where they want to.
+1 to both!
> Right now it's Asankha and co. So we should just make Status Quo
> permanent. It can be under Axis2 as a maven module or
> under WS-Commons or maven module under synapse. I really don't care,
> as long as people who maintain it make the decision
> and do it in one spot.
I'd like to maintain these under Synapse.. We wrote these transports
primarily for use by Synapse, and now we have JMS, NIO-HTTP/S, Mail, VFS
(File), FIX and AMQP already.. These belong to a separate Maven module
thats published to the Apache snapshots and Maven Central repos, and
this JAR does not depend on the Synapse codebase at all. Anyone who
wishes to use these can do so without any problems whatsoever, and raise
JIRA's for bugs/enhancements where the code is actually maintained.

Glen
> | | -1 from me to move them to Synapse.
The transports JMS, NIO-HTTP/S and others are already [developed and
maintained] within Synapse..
> | | These transports (JMS, NIO, whatever) are going to be generally
> useful to any Axis2 user, so why make them go look in Synapse's
> codebase for them?
I agree,.. however these transports were written by the Synapse
community for primary use by them. So instead of asking them to maintain
the code they write somewhere else - for the convenience of the
secondary users, why not clearly document the available options under
Axis2 and where one could download these extension transports developed
by the Synapse community?

asankha