axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Davanum Srinivas <dava...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] [1.4] Zero Blockers / RC4 this weekend / Plan for 1.4 Final
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2008 11:16:57 GMT

Chris,

If you can get Amila or Deepal's attention...it's possible to get it into 1.4.

- -- dims

Chris Hyzer wrote:
| I think this is a serious serious problem [I would classify as blocker]  (it affects rest
and soap in 1.3 for optional
String params where the first param is not set, the second will be marshaled in the wrong
place on the server).  All I
did was make a Java class with a method that takes two strings, the default java2wsdl, then
wsdl2java, run a client
where I pass the first as null, the second as something, and on the server side, the data
for the second goes into the
first.  If I set the empty string in the first then all is well.  But we cant expect all clients
to do that...

| https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-3364
|
| The bug mentions setting null or throwing exception... it should definitely set null and
*not* throw exception...

| Any chance this can be fixed for 1.4 (I havent verified it isnt fixed in 1.4, but the bug
is still open... I can test
if you like)?  Sorry for late notice, havent been following the discussion on timelines...

| Thanks!
| Chris

You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No
Cost.