axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Barrett <barre...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Removing deprecated jaxws/metadata method DescriptionFactory.createServiceDescriptionFromServiceImpl(Class, AxisService)
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2008 03:51:58 GMT
Yes, I think attaching the AxisService after the fact is too late.  All of
the metadata code that is doing the annotation processing for jaxws should
be what builds up the AxisService hierachy.

Thanks,
Jeff

IBM Software Group - WebSphere Web Services Development
Phone: 512-838-4587 or Tie Line 678-4587
Internet e-mail and Sametime ID: barrettj@us.ibm.com

Nicholas L Gallardo/Austin/IBM@IBMUS
03/20/2008 10:07 AM
Please respond to
axis-dev@ws.apache.org

axis-dev@ws.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: [Axis2] Removing deprecated jaxws/metadata method
DescriptionFactory.createServiceDescriptionFromServiceImpl(Class,
AxisService)

Dims,

So will the new deployment code not run if someone has that pattern? i.e.,
the JAXWSDeployer will only work in the case where there's no srevices.xml
specified?

What if we were to call the builder method that just takes a class and
then attach the AxisService after that? Is that too late?

I agree with Jeff in that I'd like to see it go. I've struggled with the
different paths that exist in the building of ServiceDescription objects
and this would help clear some of that up.

-Nick

Davanum Srinivas <davanum@gmail.com>

Davanum Srinivas <davanum@gmail.com>
03/20/2008 09:45 AM