axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Nikhil V Thaker <>
Subject [axis2] [proposal] JIRA AXIS2-3568
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2008 16:59:11 GMT
I would like to propose a change to handle certain situations in jaxws
where we need to postpone the must understand header check from the
AxisEngine to the MessageReceiver. For example, in case of jaxws handler,
an application can choose to implement getHeaders() and choose to add
valid header qnames in that implementation. A mustUnderstand validation
needs to happen for this scenario as described in section 10.2.1 of jaxws
specification, in this situation if the jaxws handlers are not loaded, the
must understand checks has to be postponed from AxisEngine until the
handler are loaded and available in jaxws implementation.

Currently all the must understand processing happens in AxisEngine's
receive() method, I would like to provide a facility in AxisEngine code
where we can choose to delegate MustUnderstand Check to a Message
Receiver. I would like to propose addition of a new interface called
MessageReceiverExtension in Kernel module which has a method
isMustUnderstandCheckPostponed, this new interface will be implemented by
JAXWSMessageReceiver and will help in making the runtime decision to
postpone must understand check in AxisEngine code.

I had made this proposal back in October 08 and here's the link to that
email, this email has the
attachment for original patch. Here is the link to the JIRA issue

Nikhil Thaker
office: 512 838 9964
View raw message