axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Misho Gradinkata" <mish0....@googlemail.com>
Subject Fwd: [Axis2] wrong JAX-WS handler-chain execution
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2008 12:13:14 GMT
Hi all,

I'm testing Axis2-1.4/RC2 and its JAX-WS handler framework implementation. I
noticed some unconformities with the JAX-WS specification:

I have a handler chain with Handler1, Handler2, Handler3 and Handler4. The
four of them have handleMessage(), handleFault() and close() methods as well
as init() and destroy() methods annotated with @PostConstruct and
@PreDestroy respectively. When a message arrives init() is executed on all
handlers, then on the inbound direction Handler3's handleMessage() method
throws a ProtocolException -> then the chain is reverted and handleFault()
is invoked on Handler2 and Handler1, then close() on Handler 1, 2 and 3. As
far as I understand from the JAX-WS 2.0 specification this is the expected
behavior. So here I expect all @PreDestroy methods to be executed and that's
all for the handler-chain. BUT instead I can see that an outbound execution
starts (with OUTBOUND_PROPERTY = true) and handleFault() is called (again)
on all four handlers from 4 to 1, then close() on all handlers (again) and
at the end destroy() on all handlers.

I guess that somewhere you miss to check for errors on the inbound chain
execution and a complete outbound chain is executed no matter what happened
on the inbound direction. I think it is important to fix this.
Thanks.

Regards,
Misho