axis-java-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Peter Storch (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Updated: (AXIS2-3124) CLONE -duplicate xmlns="" attribute in client response: reappears in Axis2 1.3
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2008 07:25:24 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-3124?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

Peter Storch updated AXIS2-3124:
--------------------------------

    Attachment: Axis2-3124.aar

I tried to build a simple example to reproduce this error. This service archive contains the
java source, too. Please give it a try.

When I call it I get the following response:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?><soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><soapenv:Body><OutDoc
xmlns="http://example.com/axis2/Axis2_3124"><Bank xmlns="" xmlns=""><BankName>BankName</BankName><BankCodeNbr>50000000</BankCodeNbr></Bank></OutDoc></soapenv:Body></soapenv:Envelope>

The <Bank> element contains a duplicate xmlns attribute which is not valid XML.

> CLONE -duplicate xmlns="" attribute in client response: reappears in Axis2 1.3
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: AXIS2-3124
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-3124
>             Project: Axis 2.0 (Axis2)
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: om
>    Affects Versions: 1.3
>         Environment: was: Axis2 0.94, Eclipse,  Java JDK 1.4.2_09, XP
> new: Axis2 1.3
>            Reporter: Peter Storch
>            Assignee: Eran Chinthaka
>         Attachments: Axis2-3124.aar
>
>
> I'm using Axis2 0.94 ServiceClient to call a Web service that returns the following XML
in the soap body.  
> This is the XML seen going across the wire with tcptrace. 
>     <ExecuteResponse xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xml-analysis">
>       <return>
>         <TABLE xmlns="">
>           <CLASS>
>             <Name>Alfred</Name>
>             <Sex>M</Sex>
>             <Age>14</Age>
>             <Height>69</Height>
>             <Weight>112.5</Weight>
>           </CLASS>
>         </TABLE>
>       </return>
>     </ExecuteResponse>
> When this XML is parsed in ServiceClient and I serialize it out to file I get the following
output:
> <ExecuteResponse xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xml-analysis">
>   <return>
>     <TABLE xmlns="" xmlns="">
>       <CLASS xmlns="">
>         <Name xmlns="">Alfred</Name>
>         <Sex xmlns="">M</Sex>
>         <Age xmlns="">14</Age>
>         <Height xmlns="">69</Height>
>         <Weight xmlns="">112.5</Weight>
>       </CLASS>
>     </TABLE>
>   </return>
> </ExecuteResponse>
> I think this should work as it does work with other web service client implementations.
> I tracked it down in the source and it looks like the problem may be in StAXOMBuilder
and the code it uses to find or declare namespaces, processNamespaceData().  Looks like there
is code there that doesn't handle a namespace with empty string namespace.  
> Its definitely not optimal that each element has the xmlns="" attribute, but the main
problem is the duplicate xmlns attribute that causes the XML to be invalid.

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: axis-dev-unsubscribe@ws.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: axis-dev-help@ws.apache.org


Mime
View raw message