axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From learn_n_share <>
Subject newbie: is Axis binary also required with .war
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2008 06:47:37 GMT

i m new to axis. I ve downloaded .war axis2, pasted in my tomcat home
folder, and found that axis dir got generated automatically.

while going through the axis installation tut, i felt as if it is necassary
to have the binary distribution of the same as well.
--> am i correct?

i have created the AXIS2_HOME variable to point to the directory of axis2
binary distribution which i placed in "C:\axis2" and not to the one
contained in the "webapps" directory of "tomcat" as i thought that there is
no "bin" named folder inside the latter directory.
-->  is this correct?

3) have also created the following environment variables:

path = %path%;c:\axis2\bin

AXIS2_HOME = C:\axis2

i created a folder named pojo inside the "C:\Program Files\Apache Software
Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\webapps\axis2\WEB-INF" , i.e., the container dir for
tomcat webapps
inside pojo, there is a simple java file named "" as simple

"import org.apache.axis2.AxisFault;
import org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisServer;

public class SimplePojo {

        public int addnumbers(int x, int y){
                return x+y;

        public static void main(String[] args)throws AxisFault {
                new AxisServer().deployService(SimplePojo.class.getName());
Sent from the Axis - Dev mailing list archive at

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message