axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Saminda Abeyruwan" <>
Subject Re: AxisFault: Transport error: 403 Error: Forbidden
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2008 06:16:27 GMT

When you invoke the ws using https, your client side axsi2.xml needs to
provide following,

<transportSender name="https"
        <parameter name="PROTOCOL">HTTP/1.1</parameter>
        <parameter name="Transfer-Encoding">chunked</parameter>
        <!-- This parameter has been added to overcome problems encounted in
SOAP action parameter -->
        <parameter name="OmitSOAP12Action">true</parameter>

for synchronous invocations.

Thank you

On Jan 29, 2008 9:36 AM, dd du <> wrote:

> Hi, all,
> I have developed and deployed axis2-based webservice into my webserver
> (Netscape Enterprise Server), my web service client can access and call it's
> service over HTTP connection, now we need to use HTTPS (SSL) connection,
> after I setup my certificate with both my web server and my browser, I can
> use https connection to access the axis2 happyaxis.jsp and my webservice
> wsdl file, and my other web applications, I did not change anything to the
> axis2 configuration including axis2.xml, but when my web service client
> called my web service, it threw org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Transport
> error: 403 Error: Forbidden.
> Questions:
> 1. do I need to change the axis2.xml file to configure the transportsender
> and transportreceiver, or anything else?
> 2. After I debug into the code, it called open source HttpClient, and
> HttpMethodDirector which has a method: private void authenticateHost(final
> HttpMethod method), inside this call, there is a code block:
> AuthScheme authscheme = authstate.getAuthScheme();
>   LOG.debug("authenticateHost authscheme==["+authscheme+"]");
>         if (authscheme == null) {
>             return;
>         }
> Now I can see when this code block is called, the authscheme is null, so
> it will never do authentication to the host, so how can I setup axis2 to
> have the scheme?
> Thanks in advance.
> Dave

Saminda Abeyruwan