axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Nicholas L Gallardo <nlgal...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Writing custom deployer for JAXWS that picks classes from WEB-INF/classes
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2008 16:21:45 GMT

I guess I'm missing something then.  It's not clear to me what that text
file is providing.  Let me further my example...

$AXIS2_HOME/repository/jaxws-services/

SimpleJAXWSService.war/

|-------WEB-INF/wsdl/SimpleService.wsdl

|-------WEB-INF/classes/org/apache/axis2/jaxws/SimpleService.class (an
annotated service impl)

In this case we have the WAR with a service class.  If it references the
WSDL (via the @WebService annotation) then it should point to that relative
location in the module).  With this, the text file would not be needed,
right?

So then it seems like the other option you're exposing is the following

$AXIS2_HOME/repository/jaxws-services/

AnotherSimpleJAXWSService/   (just a directory this time)

|-------wsdl/SimpleService.wsdl

|-------org/apache/axis2/jaxws/AnotherSimpleService.class (an annotated
service impl)

Would the text file be used in this second case?  If so, would it just be
used to isolate the class that is the target service from any other classes
in the module?  I feel like I'm missing something here, but it seems like
you should be able to pickup the necessary info without the need for that
text file.

-Nick

             Davanum Srinivas
             <davanum@gmail.co
                                       axis-dev@ws.apache.org
             02/14/2008 09:53                                           cc
             AM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [Axis2] Writing custom deployer
             Please respond to         for JAXWS that picks classes from
             axis-dev@ws.apach         WEB-INF/classes
                   e.org

Nick,

yep. Under jaxws-services, there could be jar's or text files (enough
information inside - fully qualified name of the
class with annotations)

thanks,
dims

Nicholas L Gallardo wrote:
| Dims,
|
| So with Plan B, I'm assuming your directory structure would look like
this?

| $AXIS2_HOME/repository
| |
| |-------------> modules/
| |
| |-------------> services/
| |
| |-------------> jaxws-services/
|
| Given that, then someone would come along and drop their WARs directly in
| there?
|
| -Nick
|

|              Davanum Srinivas
|              <davanum@gmail.co