axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Seelbach <>
Subject Re: [axis2] Re: permission to edit axis2 or ws cwiki
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2008 19:00:27 GMT
I realize that the Confluence (cwiki) isn't being used.
With permission I was going to try to make some changes and see if the
team liked it.
If after that no-one wants to use it then we can just throw out the changes.

I looked at both the MoinMoin and Confluence wiki and IMHO cwiki is much
more user friendly and flexible.  Specifically:
the cWiki is exported to static HTML.  The exported HTML can be made to
look similar to the main site which improves useabilty.

cwiki has better  support for site index pages, recent changes, page
diffs, editing, notification, attachment management.

cWiki can have finer grain access control, so if in the future some of
the release documentation were done on the wiki, the access could be
limited for released documents.  I'm not saying we should do that right
now, but this is an example of what can be done:
The general look and feel of cWiki is nicer than MoinMoin IMHO.