axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Davanum Srinivas <dava...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Writing custom deployer for JAXWS that picks classes from WEB-INF/classes
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2008 16:53:43 GMT

Yep. that's what i am looking at (with least amount of changes!) :)

- -- dims

Dustin Amrhein wrote:
| Dims,
| This seems like a limitation of the DeploymentEngine. Is it possible to change the engine
such that it has the ability
to recurse if it is told to do so?

| Thanks,
| Dustin

| Nick,
|
| The way the deployment engine is written a custom deployer has to specify a specific directory
and a file extension. the
| deployment engine looks into the directory (1 level only, not recursive) and finds files
with the specific extension.
| When it finds one of those, it will call the custom deployers deploy method for *that* specific
file.

| Do you see the problem now?
|
| Also please see below.
|
| thanks,
| dims
|
| Nicholas L Gallardo wrote:
| | I guess I'm missing something then.  It's not clear to me what that text
| | file is providing.  Let me further my example...
| |
| | $AXIS2_HOME/repository/jaxws-services/
| |
| | SimpleJAXWSService.war/
| | |
| | |-------WEB-INF/wsdl/SimpleService.wsdl
| | |
| | |-------WEB-INF/classes/org/apache/axis2/jaxws/SimpleService.class (an
| | annotated service impl)
| |
| | In this case we have the WAR with a service class.  If it references the
| | WSDL (via the @WebService annotation) then it should point to that relative
| | location in the module).  With this, the text file would not be needed,
| | right?
|
| We can't traverse that deep, we can specify "WEB-INF/classes" as the initial directory and
if we specify ".class" as the
| extension it will look only in that directory.
|
| | So then it seems like the other option you're exposing is the following
| |
| | $AXIS2_HOME/repository/jaxws-services/
| |
| | AnotherSimpleJAXWSService/   (just a directory this time)
| | |
| | |-------wsdl/SimpleService.wsdl
| | |
| | |-------org/apache/axis2/jaxws/AnotherSimpleService.class (an annotated
| | service impl)
| |
| | Would the text file be used in this second case?  If so, would it just be
| | used to isolate the class that is the target service from any other classes
| | in the module?  I feel like I'm missing something here, but it seems like
| | you should be able to pickup the necessary info without the need for that
| | text file.
|
| Am not looking at this option because it's not how WAR's are packaged for the TCKs.
|
| | -Nick
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |              Davanum Srinivas
| |
| |              m>                                                         To
| |                                        axis-dev@ws.apache.org
| |              02/14/2008 09:53                                           cc
| |              AM
| |                                                                    Subject
| |                                        Re: [Axis2] Writing custom deployer
| |              Please respond to         for JAXWS that picks classes from
| |              axis-dev@ws.apach         WEB-INF/classes
| |                    e.org
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| | Nick,
| |
| | yep. Under jaxws-services, there could be jar's or text files (enough
| | information inside - fully qualified name of the
| | class with annotations)
| |
| | thanks,
| | dims
| |
| | Nicholas L Gallardo wrote:
| | | Dims,
| | |
| | | So with Plan B, I'm assuming your directory structure would look like
| | this?
| | |
| | | $AXIS2_HOME/repository
| | | |
| | | |-------------> modules/
| | | |
| | | |-------------> services/
| | | |
| | | |-------------> jaxws-services/
| | |
| | | Given that, then someone would come along and drop their WARs directly in
| | | there?
| | |
| | | -Nick
| | |
| | |
| | |
| | |
| | |
| | |              Davanum Srinivas
| | |
| | |              m>
| | |                                        axis-dev@ws.apache.org
| | |              02/13/2008 04:13
| | cc
| | |              PM
| | |
| | Subject
| | |                                        [Axis2] Writing custom deployer
| | for
| | |              Please respond to         JAXWS that picks classes from
| | |              axis-dev@ws.apach         WEB-INF/classes
| | |                    e.org
| | |
| | |
| | |
| | |
| | |
| | |
| | |
| | |
| | |
| | | Deepal, Roy, Sandakith, Jeff,
| | |
| | | Currently, when one writes a deployer, it needs to have a directory and a
| | | file extension for it. The deployment engine
| | | scans all the directories and if it finds a file with that extension it
| | | will invoke it.
| | |
| | | Problem is in the TCK case, all we have are classes in WEB-INF/classes
| | with
| | | the package names dictating the directory
| | | structure under it (and the class files deep somewhere inside)
| | |
| | | Plan A: Is there to write a new deployer that can traverse the file
| | system
| | | by itself (NOT by the deployment engine)?
| | |
| | | Plan B: Just create a directory called jaxws-services and drop a text
| | file
| | | or xml file with enough information (just the
| | | class name is enough). then we can use the current way deployment engine
| | | works...
| | |
| | | Thoughts please?
| | |