axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Davanum Srinivas <dava...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Writing custom deployer for JAXWS that picks classes from WEB-INF/classes
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2008 16:32:37 GMT

Nick,

The way the deployment engine is written a custom deployer has to specify a specific directory
and a file extension. the
deployment engine looks into the directory (1 level only, not recursive) and finds files with
the specific extension.
When it finds one of those, it will call the custom deployers deploy method for *that* specific
file.

Do you see the problem now?

Also please see below.

thanks,
dims

Nicholas L Gallardo wrote:
| I guess I'm missing something then.  It's not clear to me what that text
| file is providing.  Let me further my example...
|
| $AXIS2_HOME/repository/jaxws-services/
|
| SimpleJAXWSService.war/
| |
| |-------WEB-INF/wsdl/SimpleService.wsdl
| |
| |-------WEB-INF/classes/org/apache/axis2/jaxws/SimpleService.class (an
| annotated service impl)
|
| In this case we have the WAR with a service class.  If it references the
| WSDL (via the @WebService annotation) then it should point to that relative
| location in the module).  With this, the text file would not be needed,
| right?

We can't traverse that deep, we can specify "WEB-INF/classes" as the initial directory and
if we specify ".class" as the
extension it will look only in that directory.

| So then it seems like the other option you're exposing is the following
|
| $AXIS2_HOME/repository/jaxws-services/
|
| AnotherSimpleJAXWSService/   (just a directory this time)
| |
| |-------wsdl/SimpleService.wsdl
| |
| |-------org/apache/axis2/jaxws/AnotherSimpleService.class (an annotated
| service impl)
|
| Would the text file be used in this second case?  If so, would it just be
| used to isolate the class that is the target service from any other classes
| in the module?  I feel like I'm missing something here, but it seems like
| you should be able to pickup the necessary info without the need for that
| text file.

Am not looking at this option because it's not how WAR's are packaged for the TCKs.

| -Nick
|

|              Davanum Srinivas
|              <davanum@gmail.co
|              m>                                                         To
|                                        axis-dev@ws.apache.org
|              02/14/2008 09:53                                           cc
|              AM
|                                                                    Subject
|                                        Re: [Axis2] Writing custom deployer
|              Please respond to         for JAXWS that picks classes from
|              axis-dev@ws.apach         WEB-INF/classes
|                    e.org
|

| Nick,
|
| yep. Under jaxws-services, there could be jar's or text files (enough
| information inside - fully qualified name of the
| class with annotations)
|
| thanks,
| dims
|
| Nicholas L Gallardo wrote:
| | Dims,
| |
| | So with Plan B, I'm assuming your directory structure would look like
| this?
| |
| | $AXIS2_HOME/repository
| | |
| | |-------------> modules/
| | |
| | |-------------> services/
| | |
| | |-------------> jaxws-services/
| |
| | Given that, then someone would come along and drop their WARs directly in
| | there?
| |
| | -Nick
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |              Davanum Srinivas
| |              <davanum@gmail.co
| |              m>
| |                                        axis-dev@ws.apache.org
| |              02/13/2008 04:13
| cc
| |              PM
| |
| Subject
| |                                        [Axis2] Writing custom deployer
| for
| |              Please respond to         JAXWS that picks classes from
| |              axis-dev@ws.apach         WEB-INF/classes
| |                    e.org
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| | Deepal, Roy, Sandakith, Jeff,
| |
| | Currently, when one writes a deployer, it needs to have a directory and a
| | file extension for it. The deployment engine
| | scans all the directories and if it finds a file with that extension it
| | will invoke it.
| |
| | Problem is in the TCK case, all we have are classes in WEB-INF/classes
| with
| | the package names dictating the directory
| | structure under it (and the class files deep somewhere inside)
| |
| | Plan A: Is there to write a new deployer that can traverse the file
| system
| | by itself (NOT by the deployment engine)?
| |
| | Plan B: Just create a directory called jaxws-services and drop a text
| file
| | or xml file with enough information (just the
| | class name is enough). then we can use the current way deployment engine
| | works...
| |
| | Thoughts please?
| |