axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Davanum Srinivas <dava...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Re: PojoDeployer vs JAXWSMessageReceiver in services.xml
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2008 20:04:11 GMT

Jeff,

looks like we need more information from the folks who have the TCK. specifically some layout
hints on where the service
classes are and where the wsdl's and xsd's are.

~From what i can tell with the information we have now. We need to be able to plugin the RI's
wsgen to generate wsdl if
it's absent. We need to be able to pick up wsdl/xsd for a specific service if they are already
in the war. and we need
to be able to pick up all the classes with webservice and webservicesprovider annotations
from the war and turn them
into services.

thanks,
dims

Jeff Barrett wrote:
| ims,
|
| My understanding of what the TCK permits is the same as yours.  You can
| remove the RI-specific DDs and can add your own vendor-specific DDs.
| However, anything that exists in the TCK application archive (such as
| classes, WSDL, etc) must remain as is.  So, the classes couldn't be moved
| from WEB-INF/classes to some POJO-deployer-specific location.  Another
| consideration is that a single TCK application archive, I believe,
| contains multiple services AND there may be multiple TCK application
| archive.
|
| Is any of that going to cause problems for the POJO deployer?
|
| I talked with Roy Wood about this a bit, and I got the impression that
| having multiple archives and multiple services may be a problem that needs
| to be fixed in the POJO deployer.  Also, that it would be possible to
| point the POJO deployer at a specific directory or archive, so it could be
| pointed to an "installed applications" directory and be able to find the
| services there.  It seems to me that would work for the TCKs.
|
| Thoughts?
|
| Thanks,
| Jeff
|
| IBM Software Group - WebSphere Web Services Development
| Phone: 512-838-4587 or Tie Line 678-4587
| Internet e-mail and Sametime ID: barrettj@us.ibm.com
|

| Davanum Srinivas <davanum@gmail.com>
| 02/04/2008 04:45 PM
| Please respond to
| axis-dev@ws.apache.org

| axis-dev@ws.apache.org
| cc
|
| Subject
| [Axis2] Re: PojoDeployer vs JAXWSMessageReceiver in services.xml
|

| Resending using [Axis2] since looks like no one looks at the emails
| otherwise :)
|
| Davanum Srinivas wrote:
| | One more observation:
| |
| | In PojoDeployer, we can't specify a custom wsdl (yet!) When one writes a
| | WebServiceProvider, typically they provide a
| | wsdl and the xsd's.
| |
| | -- dims
| |
| | Davanum Srinivas wrote:
| | | Sandakith, Roy,
| | | Looks like PojoDeployer picks up only the javax.jws.WebService
| | | annotation and not the javax.xml.ws.WebServiceProvider
| | | annotation.
| | |