axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From tom909 <tle...@ephibian.com>
Subject Tomcat webservice webapp/MessageContext always null
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2008 17:01:00 GMT

Looking for any insight or assistance as to why a web service would return a
null MessageContext called from within the service method itself.  This web
service has worked perfectly for some time now deployed to a tomcat 5.5
server, within a .war file with all the axis jars embedded.

The problem is, I now need to add a new feature where I need to access the
incoming request URL, and from what I've found the only way to do this is
with the MessageContext using MessageContext.getCurrentMessageContext() or
(MessageContext)MessageContext.currentMessageContext.get().  Both of these
calls return null.

I can see the axis log messages flying by in catalina.out when I do
requests, and like I said the service has been working fine, why wouldn't I
be able to access the MessageContext in the service method?  I was thinking
of trying to repackage my .war as an .aar and deploy the service again
through axis administration but I haven't had any luck (I get class not
found errors).  Any ideas or help is appreciated.

Tom