axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeremy Hughes" <hugh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Release plan and road map for Axis2 1.4 release
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2008 16:23:44 GMT
On 07/01/2008, Nicholas L Gallardo <nlgallar@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> Keith,
>
>  Have you looked at JSR-311 as an example of a RESTful annotation API.  Granted, the
JSR isn't complete, but it's worth taking a look at.

>  I'm not as familiar with WSDL 2.0 as I should be so I can't speak to whether or not
it maps to the concepts that you're trying to capture there.

+1 for generating WSDL 2.0 docs with HTTP bindings from JSR-311
annotations. I'm not aware of anyone mapping the annotations to WSDL
2.0 yet though. Personally I think it's a nice-to-have for 1.4.

Regards,
Jeremy

>  Regards,
>
>  -Nick
>
>  "keith chapman" <keithgchapman@gmail.com>
>

> "keith chapman" <keithgchapman@gmail.com>
>
> 01/06/2008 08:18 PM
>
> Please respond to
>  axis-dev@ws.apache.org

>  axis-dev@ws.apache.org
>

> cc
>

> Subject
>  Re: [Axis2] Release plan and road map for Axis2 1.4 release
>

>  How about providing some annotations in order to use WSDL 2.0 properties? RESTy services
can be written trivially if we provide this support. As there is no spec on this we may have
to provide a set of Axis2 specific annotation? I will send a writeup of this to the dev list.