axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Nicholas L Gallardo <nlgal...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: [axis2] proposal: jaxws-integration module
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2008 16:52:38 GMT

Thanks guys...  I'll get this going and post a note when there's something
usable.

Cheers,

-Nick

             Jeff
             Barrett/Austin/IB
             M@IBMUS                                                    To
                                       axis-dev@ws.apache.org
             01/25/2008 08:14                                           cc
             AM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [axis2] proposal:
             Please respond to         jaxws-integration module
             axis-dev@ws.apach
                   e.org

+1 to moving the tests to a jaxws-integration module and to splitting out
the tests in JAXWSTest.

Note that spliting out the JAXWSTest may be trickier than it sounds.  Dims
actually tried that some time back, making each test run independently.
With some JDKs (but not all) and/or on Windows there was a timing problem
with the server starting and stopping in each test.  I forget now if the
problem surfaced when using different JDKs or if it was a Windows-only
problem, but in the end the change was reverted because, at that time, we
couldn't take the time to restructure the test to work everywhere.

Thanks,
Jeff

IBM Software Group - WebSphere Web Services Development
Phone: 512-838-4587 or Tie Line 678-4587
Internet e-mail and Sametime ID: barrettj@us.ibm.com

"David Illsley" <davidillsley@gmail.com>
01/24/2008 05:59 PM
Please respond to
axis-dev@ws.apache.org

axis-dev@ws.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: [axis2] proposal: jaxws-integration module

Sounds good to me. The big JAXWSTest driver has always bugged me, and
I've always found the JAX-WS tests pretty impenetrable (more so than
the implementation!)
David

On Jan 24, 2008 8:55 PM, Nicholas L Gallardo <nlgallar@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> All,
>
>  As we start the process of integrating the JAX-WS runtime into the
Axis2
> deployment model, it seems like a good time to revisit the existing
> structure for the jaxws module. I'm specifically interested in improving
the
> structure of how function or end-to-end tests are added in.
>
>  Right now, the modules/jaxws/test bucket is a mix of both unit tests
and
> function tests. I'd like to split that up and introduce a new module,
> jaxws-integration, that has the function tests in a more organized
framework
> than exists today. This would also allow us to remove the wonky
JAXWSTest