axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Nicholas L Gallardo <>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Release plan and road map for Axis2 1.4 release
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2008 13:26:21 GMT

Have you looked at JSR-311 as an example of a RESTful annotation API.
Granted, the JSR isn't complete, but it's worth taking a look at.

I'm not as familiar with WSDL 2.0 as I should be so I can't speak to
whether or not it maps to the concepts that you're trying to capture there.

             "keith chapman"
             01/06/2008 08:18                                           cc
                                       Re: [Axis2] Release plan and road
             Please respond to         map for Axis2 1.4 release

How about providing some annotations in order to use WSDL 2.0 properties?
RESTy services can be written trivially if we provide this support. As
there is no spec on this we may have to provide a set of Axis2 specific
annotation? I will send a writeup of this to the dev list.

On Dec 19, 2007 10:32 AM, Deepal Jayasinghe <> wrote:
  Hi Devs and Users,

  I saw a number of users asking about the next release of Axis2 , so I
  think its good time to think about that. We did our last release on
  August , looking at the mailing list and JIRA I can assume that the
  release is very stable release.  However in the meantime we have few
  items that we need to implement that we discussed over the mailing list
  for the next release. And there are a few bug fixes and new features
  that users have ask about , so taking all those into account how about
  doing a release on end of February ?

  So in the release I would like to see following list of items
   - Support for RPC-Encoded
   - Full support for JAX-WS
   - Enhance NIO transport support
  -  Discuss and implement dynamic phase rule support
   - Fix the issues we found at MS PlugFest
   - Anything else .....   ??

  In addition to that we need to identify the issues that we are going to
  fix in next release , for that I would like ask Axis2 users to go and
  create a JIRA or change the priority of JIRA if they want some issues or
  features (s)he like to see in next release. In the meantime if someone
  think to fix some particular issue for next release then please go and
  mark the issue as blocker. But please do not just mark issue as blocker
  provide some useful information specifying what do you think its is

  So let's target Axis2 1.4 on end of February , and here is my +1 for the

  To unsubscribe, e-mail:
  For additional commands, e-mail:

Keith Chapman
Software Engineer