axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Glenn Mason <glenn.ma...@aon.com.au>
Subject Re: Axis2 JMS Transport to WebSphere MQ
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2008 22:39:15 GMT
Cathal,

Here is my config after much pain and suffering. I'm using Tomcat 5.5 as
my servlet container

axis2.xml

    <transportReceiver name="jms"
class="org.apache.axis2.transport.jms.JMSListener">
        <parameter name="default">
                <parameter
name="java.naming.factory.initial">org.apache.naming.java.javaURLContextFactory</parameter>
                <parameter
name="transport.jms.ConnectionFactoryJNDIName">java:comp/env/jms/BrokerQueueManagerWindows</parameter>
                <parameter
name="transport.jms.ConnectionFactoryJNDIUser">java:comp/env/jms/MQUserID</parameter>
                <parameter
name="transport.jms.ConnectionFactoryJNDIPass">java:comp/env/jms/MQPassword</parameter>
        </parameter>
    </transportReceiver>

context.xml for your JNDI lookup

<Resource name="jms/BrokerQueueManagerWindows"
        auth="Container"
                type="com.ibm.mq.jms.MQQueueConnectionFactory"
        factory="com.ibm.mq.jms.MQQueueConnectionFactoryFactory"
                description="JMS Queue Connection Factory for sending
messages"
                HOST="audeviissyd01"
                PORT="1416"
                CHAN="CLIENTS"
                TRAN="1"
                QMGR="AU_SYD_BRK_DEV"/>

nb: if you are not using a specific channel it will probably be -
SYSTEM.DEF.SVRCONN

Dependant jar's:

com.ibm.mq.jar
com.ibm.mqjms.jar
connector.jar
dhbcore.jar
jms.jar

This should solve your problem.

Keep watching this space though. I too am working on getting Axis2 and JMS
playing nicely.

I am running into problems with the Axis2 dispatch handlers. I can get
them to recognise the service. I can seem to figure out what I am doing
wrong. I'll be sending a seperate email to this group for assistance....
watch this space.

Good luck.

Glenn

Glenn Mason
Developer - Information Technology
Aon Australia/Pacific
Phone:  +61 2 9253 7270

callagc4 <cathal.callaghan@fineos.com>
11/01/2008 03:43 AM
Please respond to
axis-dev@ws.apache.org

axis-dev@ws.apache.org
cc

Subject
Axis2 JMS Transport to WebSphere MQ

Hi,

We are currently using axis2 in a standalone server. I have been trying to
configure axis2 to hook up with websphereMQ. However i am unsure of how to
configure axis2 for this as all the examples i have found are for
activeMQ.
Could anyone tell me how this can be done? My main area of concern is the
definition of a jms transportReciever for websphereMQ. Any advice would be
much appriciated.

My attempts so far have left me here, using the definition below. However
this currently does not work. The first issue is that the initial context
factory being used is based in websphere not websphereMQ. Secondly how do
configure this jndi resource in websphereMQ, i.e configure
jms/QueueConnectionFactory

<transportReceiver name="jms"
class="org.apache.axis2.transport.jms.JMSListener">
   <parameter name="default">
      <parameter
name="java.naming.factory.initial">com.ibm.mq.jms.context.WMQInitialContextFactory</parameter>
      <parameter
name="java.naming.provider.url">localhost:1414</parameter>
      <parameter
name="transport.jms.ConnectionFactoryJNDIName">jms/QueueConnectionFactory</parameter>
   </parameter>
</transportReceiver>

Thanks,
Cathal

****** IMPORTANT NOTICE ******
This email and any attachments transmitted with it are confidential. If you are not the intended
recipient, you must not use, reproduce, disclose or distribute the information contained in
this email.  If you are not the intended recipient or if you believe this is an unsolicited
email, please immediately notify the sender by replying to this email or contact Aon representatives
on +61 2 9253 7000 then promptly destroy this email and any copies of this email.

Before opening or using attachments, you should check them for viruses and defects. Aon does
not accept liability in connection with computer virus, data corruption, delay, interruption,
unauthorised access or unauthorised amendment.