axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Lahiru Sandakith" <sandak...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Release plan and road map for Axis2 1.4 release
Date Sun, 06 Jan 2008 23:12:02 GMT
Hi Nick,

On Jan 4, 2008 9:47 PM, Nicholas L Gallardo <nlgallar@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> Thanks Deepal for narrowing the list down here.  I just wanted to add a
> few things.

> > Do we have to run any standard test suite to claim the compliance? I
> mean for JAXWS we have to pass the SUNs' TCK.
>
> Yes, someone with access to the Apache CTS buckets will need to run the
> JAXWS TCK.  I'm not familiar with what the access restrictions are on this
> though.  Is anyone aware of how this process works within Apache?
>  Regardless, I believe the suite must be run by someone not working on the
> code.

I did some background search on this and there are some information found in
this page. http://www.apache.org/jcp/ . According to that Apache have the
JSR 2224 : JAXWS TCK version 2.0 since from the 10th May 2006. .But seems
there is a version 2.1 in the Suns web. For the start Nick, lets narrow down
infomation on this perticularly about the version of the TCK and basic
infomation about the environment of Axis2 that we point against the TCK.
But  my view is having basic knowledge of the code will be a massive help
for the person who will be getting the suit run against the axis2 runtime.

+1 for including this in the next release.

> > On Dec 19, 2007 12:02 AM, Deepal Jayasinghe <deepal@opensource.lk>
> wrote:
> > > Hi Devs and Users,
> > >
> > > I saw a number of users asking about the next release of Axis2 , so I
> > > doing a release on end of February ?
> > >
> > > So in the release I would like to see following list of items
> > >  - Support for RPC-Encoded
> > >  - Full support for JAX-WS
> > >  - Enhance NIO transport support
> > > -  Discuss and implement dynamic phase rule support
> > >  - Fix the issues we found at MS PlugFest
> > >  - Anything else .....   ??
> > >

> I want to clarify the second item here, Full support for JAX-WS.  Beyond
> getting the TCK running and complete, what is your expectation for this
> work?  I would anticipate this to include a better integration of JAX-WS
> into the Axis2 deployment model.  A preliminary description of this is
> included AXIS2-3223.  There's work that could be done to further simplify
> things after this is complete, but what's described in that JIRA is the
> first step.

+1 , I guess for the having a bettter doployment model will help the TCK
stuff done easily. So this proposal is about the full AAR based deployment
and I saw some code by Deepal which was about POJO based deployment ?

> Also, I'd like to add Java 6 tolerance (at least for JAX-WS) to the list.
>  As of today, there are compile errors when running with a Java 6 JDK.  I
> think we can include Java 6 support first for JAX-WS Apps and can consider
> extending that to the other programming models if others feel an immediate
> need.  I've opened JIRA AXIS2-3425 (
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-3425) with more information.

+1

Thanks

Lahiru Sandkith

--
Thanks
Lahiru Sandakith

http://sandakith.wordpress.com/
GPG Key Fingerprint : 8CD8 68E0 4CBC 75CB 25BC  1AB1 FE5E 7464 1F01 9A0F