axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul Fremantle" <pzf...@gmail.com>
Subject Generating Async services
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2008 09:41:37 GMT
By default Axis2 generates synchronous services - the MessageReceivers
extending the Sync abstract message receivers.

The result of this is that when a client calls with a real WS-A
non-anonymous replyto, the HTTP connection *still* blocks waiting for
the service to finish processing.

This is easily fixed by changing the message receiver to extend the
Async abstract message receiver. In fact, this works really well. You
change two letters in your generated code and now both async and sync
calls work nicely.

So... my proposal is that we add an option to WSDL2Java to generate this.

Paul

--
Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair