axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul Fremantle" <pzf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mail transport implementation for Synapse/Axis2
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2008 08:53:30 GMT
Deepal

This is a new transport in org.apache.synapse. The reason is that the
Axis2 transports are all in the kernel module and therefore you cannot
improve them without changing the core axis2 jar. I think it would be
good to move these out to a separate maven module.

Paul

On 1/23/08, Deepal jayasinghe <deepalk@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Asankha,
> > Folks,
> >
> > Since we delayed the release of Synapse 1.1.1 for a week to include
> > the HttpComponents 4.0-beta1 release, I made use of this time to
> > implement a feature requested by one of our users - Enhanced Mail
> > support (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-189)
> Did you do any changes to Axis2 mail transport or have you written a new
> one ?
> >
> > As I am confident that the new Email transport is in a very good
> > state, and since it offers many enhancements over the previous mail
> > implementation, I am going to check this code into Synapse to be
> > included into the 1.1.1 release this week. (I plan to check this code
> > into Axis2 as well, before its next major release). I also hope to
> > document this transport in more detail in the coming weeks and will
> > let you know any links, but I have added a sample, a fair amount of
> > unit tests that cover many cases including SOAP11/12/POX, pop3/imap,
> > SSL/TLS, Encodings etc are already in place for anyone to peek. I will
> > also answer any queries on the Synapse-dev/user lists on this as well
> >
> > asankha

Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org