axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Asankha C. Perera" <asan...@wso2.com>
Subject Mail transport implementation for Synapse/Axis2
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2008 03:08:24 GMT
Folks,

Since we delayed the release of Synapse 1.1.1 for a week to include the
HttpComponents 4.0-beta1 release, I made use of this time to implement a
feature requested by one of our users - Enhanced Mail support
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-189)

As I am confident that the new Email transport is in a very good state,
and since it offers many enhancements over the previous mail
implementation, I am going to check this code into Synapse to be
included into the 1.1.1 release this week. (I plan to check this code
into Axis2 as well, before its next major release). I also hope to
document this transport in more detail in the coming weeks and will let
you know any links, but I have added a sample, a fair amount of unit
tests that cover many cases including SOAP11/12/POX, pop3/imap, SSL/TLS,
Encodings etc are already in place for anyone to peek. I will also
answer any queries on the Synapse-dev/user lists on this as well

asankha