axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <g...@thoughtcraft.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Soap Encoding support with ADB
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2008 17:22:52 GMT
Hi Anne, all:

Anne Thomas Manes wrote:
> SOAP encoding is much more likely to be used in a code-first scenario,
> but you must make sure that it also works in a WSDL-first scenario.

+1

> Regarding one of your questions, you would never see an element
> defined as follows:
>
> <s:element name="TestSoapElement2">
>>         <s:complexType>
>>             <s:sequence>
>>                 <s:element name="param1" type="s:string"/>
>>                 <s:element name="param2" type="soapenc:Array"/>
>>             </s:sequence>
>>         </s:complexType>
>>     </s:element>
>
> First off, you would define a named complexType rather than an
> element. And second, you never define an element simply as
> soapenc:Array. The ComplexType would look something like this:

If this isn't a top-level element (i.e. if this is an element referenced
inside an outermost complexType) it's certainly ok - but your point is
well taken.  For RPC style you must use the "type" attribute in WSDL 1.1
<part> definitions, not the "element" attribute.

As for soapenc:Array - it's not out-of-spec to use it directly, and we
support this in Axis1.  It becomes an Object[].

In general, Amila, SOAP array types want to turn into language arrays,
not MyCustomArrayClass, just like SOAP doubles want to turn into
Doubles/doubles (depending on nillable), not MyDoubleClass.

--Glen