axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Davanum Srinivas" <dava...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: [Axis2] Release plan and road map for Axis2 1.4 release
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2008 20:53:10 GMT
Folks,

Looks like Woodstox 3.9 does not support JDK 1.4. Can you please let
us know if this is by design or accident?

thanks,
dims

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Alick Buckley <Alick.Buckley@lansa.com.au>
Date: Jan 23, 2008 11:45 PM
Subject: RE: [Axis2] Release plan and road map for Axis2 1.4 release
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org

Thanks Dims,

It seems that Woodstox 3.9 does not work with JDK 1.4.2, but the
release notes mention 1.4 as the baseline JDK.

Woodstox - 3.2.4 works with JDK 1.4.2_15

Woodstox - 3.9 does not work with JDK 1.4.2_15

        javac error
                com.ctc.wstx.stax.WstxInputFactory
                Class has wrong version number 49.0 should be 48.0

http://woodstox.codehaus.org/3.9.0/release-notes/VERSION

Clean-up:

  * Removed compatibility classes from under com.ctc.wstx.compat,
since baseline JDK requirement is now 1.4, and workarounds are

    not needed (for now?)