axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Wesley Mesquita" <wesleymesqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Axis2 architecture documentation
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2007 11:07:49 GMT
On Dec 6, 2007 7:31 AM, David Illsley <davidillsley@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Wesley, It's great to have someone interested in working on Axis2.
> Welcome. I guess I'd suggest you try to 'scratch an itch'. You mention
> you've been using Axis2.... is there anything that was really hard to
> do?

Well, there some people in my lab (www.lis.ic.unicamp.br) that have used
Axis 1.x in their works (I know tree MScs that used) , and during the last
three months I have tried to use Axis2 to create Web Services from java
classes. I explored  better the POJO method and I did some scripts to
automatize the aar packages creation. My objective is allow the users to
send their classes and the service will be deployed in Axis2 environment.  I
made just simple tests, but I think I´ll have problems in more complex
classes (using serialization, attachments and so on). But my new challenge
is to find an easy way to create clients. I am exploring the methods
described in the site but I still didn´t find this "easy way."

Anything you found you couldn't do that you'd like to be able to

> do?
> David

I was able (in a hard or simple way) to do everything I needed. But, like in
almost all projects I´ll find something that I can´t do, but, for now, I
don´t know what is this :).

thanks,

Wesley