axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Nicholas L Gallardo <nlgal...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Axis2 architecture documentation
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2007 06:09:42 GMT

> One key thing to keep in mind still is that this stuff only applies to
> Java language .. not any JVM based language. As a result, any such
> features need to be kept away from the core - if we plug this beast into
> Groovy or Rhino (as we've done in the WSO2 Mashup Server) then none of
> these JSRs come into play at all.

Agreed...  each of these should merely be facades on a generic core.

Nicholas Gallardo
WebSphere  -  WebServices Development
nlgallar@us.ibm.com
Phone: 512-838-1182
Building: 901 / 5G-016

             Sanjiva
             Weerawarana
             <sanjiva@opensour                                          To
             ce.lk>                    axis-dev@ws.apache.org
                                                                        cc
             12/08/2007 02:49
             PM                                                    Subject
                                       Re: Axis2 architecture
                                       documentation
             Please respond to
             axis-dev@ws.apach
                   e.org

Nicholas L Gallardo wrote:
> So does this mean you're changing your mind on JSR technologies? :)

:-). I'm not against all of it .. just the heavy useless ones ;-).

I am +1 for 183 and 211 ... annotations are useful and no one wants to
keep learning new ones.

One key thing to keep in mind still is that this stuff only applies to
Java language .. not any JVM based language. As a result, any such
features need to be kept away from the core - if we plug this beast into
Groovy or Rhino (as we've done in the WSO2 Mashup Server) then none of
these JSRs come into play at all.

Sanjiva.
--
Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.