axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Ruwan Linton" <ruwan.lin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Improvement to mail transport from a Synapse use case
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2007 09:35:27 GMT
Hi Saminda,

On Dec 5, 2007 2:54 PM, Saminda Abeyruwan <samindaa@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> There is a on going mail thread [1] in Synapse dev list on improvements to
> Mail transport. According to the thread, they would look for
>
> (1). Changing the subject
> (2). Allow CC and BCC
>
> (1). Is an trivial case, where a parameter or property could change the
> subject.

It would be nice if we can set a property on to the message context and
change the subject. This will allow runtime change of the mail subject. (if
this is possible)

> (2). Allowing CC or BCC is complex, as it is tightly coupled with the MEP.
>
>      -  Simple solution would be to introduce a parameter or property to
> include CC or BCC list and simply exclude them from the MEP semantics. Thus,
> it would be same as broadcasting to a set of users.
>      - If MEP is introduced to CC or BCC, we could expect some complex
> message exchange patterns. Would it be feasible or scalable to integrate CC
> or BCC to a MEP.

Again I prefer a MC property, if possible.

I think you missed one more thing which is the requirement of sending the
soap message as the email body content rather than as an attachment.

Thanks,
Ruwan

--
Ruwan Linton