axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Amila Suriarachchi" <amilasuriarach...@gmail.com>
Subject [Axis2] Dispatch order
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2007 04:30:40 GMT
hi all,

1. Here is a code segment found in the org.apache.axis2.engine.DispatchPhase
checkPostConditions method.

if (operation == null &&
                JavaUtils.isTrue(service.getParameterValue(
AxisService.SUPPORT_SINGLE_OP))) {
            Iterator ops = service.getOperations();
            // If there's exactly one, that's the one we want.  If there's
more, forget it.
            if (ops.hasNext()) {
                operation = (AxisOperation)ops.next();
                if (ops.hasNext()) {
                    operation = null;
                }
            }
            msgContext.setAxisOperation(operation);
        }

What it basically doing is that dispatch the operation if the
AxisService.SUPPORT_SINGLE_OP parameter is set and
there is only one operation on it.
Isn't this dispatcher supposed to run just after service being dispatched?
i.e as the first dispatcher of the Tranport phase.

Think about the scenario where this operation is engaged security. in this
case it should dispatched before the security.

I think any dispatcher which is possible to run before the security should
run before it.

2. RequestURIBasedDispatcher and SOAPActionBasedDispatcher are both in
Transport and Dispatch phases.
Is there any reason for this? or is it an obsolete code to keep this in
Dispatch phase?

Shall I do the above changes?

thanks,
Amila.